… I did the life soundtrack meme without cheating. And got an interesting mix. I do like the irony of some of the songs. In fact, I appreciated what winamp threw at me so much, I have decided to inflict it on you.
- Opening Credits – The Decemberists – The Island: Come and See/The Landlord’s Daughter/You’ll not feel the drowning.
- Waking Up – Múm – Random Summer
- First Day of School – One eskimO – Chosen One
- Falling in Love – Hera – Naughts and Crosses
- Fight Song – Nick Cave and PJ Harvey – Henry Lee
- Breaking Up – P!nk – Just like a pill
- Prom – She and Him – If you can’t sleep
- Life is good – Garou – Au plaisir de ton corps
- Mental Breakdown – Tim Finn – Winter Light
- Driving – Faith No More – Easy
- Get Back Together – Missy Higgins – The Special Two
- Wedding – Tori Amos – Winter
- Pay the dues – Eric Clapton – Pilgrim
- The Night Before the War – OneRepublic – Apologize
- Final Battle – Sigur Rós – Intro
- Moment of Triumph – Ben Folds – Cologne
- Death Scene – Hera – I wanna run
- Funeral Song – Regina Spektor – Edit
- End Credits – The Decemberists – Prelude
Like I said, I’m pretty impressed. Some really don’t fit, others really do, unexpectedly. But they’re all great songs, so I’m chuffed all the same. Really amused that The Decemberists open and close the credits, not entirely sure how that worked, seeing as I’d randomised my library and had the shuffle on. I’d love to know… but that’s all cool.
Saw Fast5 on Tuesday and found it to be not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. Vin Diesel and the Rock in the same movie? Gold. One-liners? Cringeworthy. But fun. Much fun. Am really tempted to go see Agora because Hypatia has always fascinated me. I may have to squeak it in tomorrow or something. We’ll see.
It’s been a long day, and I have things to read and rows to knit.
Until next time, enjoy the music.